It has been a wonderful day (except for being sick). I got to talk/skype with Ryan A LOT! That in itself is a wonderful birthday present. However, Ryan was determined to spoil me this year. He got me a CHI hair straightener, flowers delivered to my work, AND we picked out furniture for our house (a dining room table, coffee table, and end tables from Ashley Furniture). He honestly just made my day. I love how he will do anything just to see me smile. 
I also got to have family dinners with my mom and dad. My dad gave me a cookbook and my mom gave me a "kiss the cook" apron. I think they were trying to tell me something with the cooking theme...hmm....can we say domestication?!
I also got to have family dinners with my mom and dad. My dad gave me a cookbook and my mom gave me a "kiss the cook" apron. I think they were trying to tell me something with the cooking theme...hmm....can we say domestication?!
Anyway, this year was super special to me because I got to talk to Ryan. Last year Ryan was not able to talk because they had some rough times in Afghanistan on the same day. We were still just new to talking to each other and I used to just hang on every word in every message he would send me. That's all I had! When he couldn't talk to me on my birthday I was of course a little sad....however, he made sure to comment on one picture of mine earlier that day. There was one word he said about the picture of me...BEAUTIFUL. That made my heart melt and just made me smile all day. Hopefully next year we will actually be in the same place on my birthday! Baby steps! :)
Birthdays have always been a big deal to my family. We always go above and beyond for the celebration. This year has not been any different. I have been overwhelmed by all the b-day wishes from my friends and family! I plan on making birthdays a huge tradition in my own family - starting with Ryan's in June! :)
Happpy Happy Happpy Birthday!!! I am so happy that it was special!! I hope you have many more wonderful bdays to come!
ReplyDelete