Image Map

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Our Love Day

Fun Fact: Ryan and I are getting married on April 16th, 2011 - which also happens to be the same day that we started dating exactly a year before, in 2010! We didn't plan for this, but it just kind of happened!

I remember the day we started dating so clearly! Ryan was still in Afghanistan and we had been talking for about 2 months. At that point we were talking to each other every day (when possible for him) and we were really interested in the idea of possibly dating. I might have been a little more interested than he was at the time. What can I say?! After talking on the phone one night, Ryan told me to check facebook before I went to bed. Um.... I may or may not have checked it that second! Patience? What is that?! Sure enough, I had a request from Ryan - asking if I would like to 'claim' that we were in a relationship. In a shocked (but SUPER excited voice) I asked Ryan what was going on. He simply said, "Hey, my time on the phone is up, but just accept or deny the request and I will talk to you tomorrow".

Accept or Deny?!??!!?! That wasn't even a question! Of course I clicked accept...and we officially became a couple. You know it's official when it's on facebook! Duh! LOL. About 10 minutes after that Ryan's mom was the first to respond to our newly changed status. She just laughed and said, "I'm glad you two finally owned up to what you have been for the past month or so." :)

***Freeze! - OK, technically (because of the time difference between NC and Afghanistan) it was April 15th for me and April 16th for him. So, for the sake of a cute story we are just going with the April 16th date!***

Now, a year later we will be getting married on our love day! What better way to remember the day we became a couple?! Plus, now we will only have to remember one anniversary date. Perfect!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment