Image Map

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Purple Fury

In Italy, the big thing to do on base is to go bowling!!! Ryan LOVES to bowl, and he is rather good at it if I do say so myself. His average bowling score is about a good 100 points higher than mine - not that mine is all that high to begin with. Just clarifying. :)

Recently Ryan has dropped a couple of hints about getting his own bowling ball. To begin with I thought he was kidding - how many people do you know that have their own bowling ball?! Well, over time I realized that he was not kidding and that there are actually a lot of the guys out there that own their own bowling ball. So, what do we do? We get Ryan a bowling ball!


He got to pick the color and brand that he wanted. He just happened to pick a purple one, because it is our wedding color and he said it reminded him of me. :) They drilled holes in it to match his perfect finger size. Then they weighted it to 16lbs - his preferred weight. He is so proud of that thing! The first day he used his bowling ball resulted in his highest scores so far.


Everyone in Italy tries get a score over 230. When that happens, you get your name on a plaque above the lane. With the help of his new bowling ball, Ryan got above a 200 for the first time. It is now his ultimate goal to get above a 230 before he leaves Italy in a month!


Bowling has always been a favorite thing for Ryan and I to do. Actually, we went bowling for our first date! I was so excited because I beat Ryan that night. Little did I know, he was letting me win! LOL. The second time we went bowling he was throwing strikes over and over. I quickly realized that I had been hustled! :) Also, since we love bowling so much, we have decided that we will join a league at the bowling alley on base in Louisiana! Oh yeah, and cosmic bowling date nights will be on the calendar! Who knows, I might just get a bowling ball for myself too! :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha, awe!! Yayy!! AJ has TWO bowling balls of his own, he takes it pretty seriously, OBVIOUSLY but he is really good as well, I had no idea but his Dad bowled a lot and I think that was one thing they both did together when it was younger quite often. Hopefully one day AJ and I will be able to come visit you and Ryan in LA and we can all go bowling!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, that would be SO much fun! Ya'll are welcome any time. We have a guest room just for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete