Image Map

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Rock You Like a Hurricane

Last night Ryan and I went to a Carolina Hurricane's hockey game, at the RBC Center in Raleigh, NC. We got the tickets as a Christmas present from my dad (thanks dad!!). Now, hockey isn't really a sport that Ryan or I follow very much - more of just a fun seasonal sporting event to attend. However, it was at this game that we discovered two common interests that we have!

1) Random dancing - During the halftimes and at various exciting moments during the game there would be music played to pump the crowd up. Well, Ryan and I had ourselves a good time looking like fools as we danced. I even think we created a couple of new dance moves (we will debut them at our wedding reception on request! haha). I have never laughed so hard. Some of our best moments together are when we just let go and act like no one else can see us. Love it!
2) Fighting - Although we were attentive to the game, we didn't do much yelling and screaming - UNLESS there was a fight. Then we would jump up and yell, "Hit him!!!" or "Take the gloves off!!!!" or "Punch him in the face!!!!" LOL! Hockey fights are the best! Luckily we got to see a few last night. I'm pretty sure Ryan would have been super disappointed if we didn't see a fight. :)

Overall the hockey game was a GREAT way to end Ryan's time in NC. We got home pretty late and with about 4 hours of sleep, I was up again taking Ryan to the airport. Today he flew back to Utah to help prepare for his brother's wedding (Jerad and Kara are getting married Saturday!!!). I will be flying to Utah Friday afternoon so that I can attend the wedding also - and be Ryan's hot date! :) We are so excited for Jerad and Kara and can't wait to celebrate with the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment