Image Map

Monday, January 17, 2011

7 Flights and A Wedding


This weekend was rather busy for Ryan and I - OK, that's an understatement, it was insane! Ryan and I spent the last weekend of his leave in Utah for his brother's wedding. Ryan flew back to Utah last Wednesday and I flew out last Friday. We laughed about how much flying we have done over the past month. Just the two of us could keep the airlines in business! LOL.

With all of our flying, I must conclude that 1) I hate Delta and 2) I think I am cursed when it comes to flying. Over the past month Ryan and I have had the worst luck with airplane travel! Ryan almost didn't make it home for Christmas because France had a dusting of snow and cancelled all of their flights. Then he had to fly back and forth all over the US just to get to me. Yesterday he BARELY made his connecting flight back to Italy (and I mean they had to reopen the door for him). I say I'm cursed because every flight I try to make gets delayed. On Friday, my flight was delayed over an hour - making me late getting to Utah. Then, trying to get back home was the same way. My first flight was delayed, which then made me miss my connecting flight by 2 minutes!! I was totally the person running to the next gate as fast as I could - and of course it was in a whole different terminal. Thanks to that run, I officially know how out of shape I am in. You know those walking escalator things? Yeah, I was the person with my hands on my knees gasping for air when I got to one of those things. Then when it was up I would start running again. LOL. What a headache. I know that many of you know how I feel, because you too have had flight issues. All I can say is - it is what it is! I just hope that I can make it to Italy next week without any troubles!!!

Aside from all of the lovely flights this weekend (7 btw Ryan and I), we were able to attend the wonderful wedding of Kara and Jerad!!! It was at a BEAUTIFUL location in Utah called Heritage Gardens. My favorite part of their wedding is how their personalities came out in the ceremony and reception. They did not get caught up in all the formal traditions, instead Kara and Jerad were just themselves - and they were having a great time! It was so sweet to see how many people came to celebrate with them. Kara was glowing and Jerad just had a sense of pride about him. LOVED IT! Ryan was the best man - and was excited about it until he found out he had to do a toast! Even though he was a little nervous about it before, he pulled off the toast with grace and ease! He did a great job!!! We are so excited for Kara and Jerad and we know that they will have a wonderful life together!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment