Image Map

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Helloooooo 2011!




Well, Santa sure did find me in Utah! I have been in Utah for Christmas and New Years with Ryan and his family. We have been having such a great time - lots of family and friend get togethers.



Not that this is a surprise (since I am a little late posting), but Ryan proposed on Christmas Eve at Temple Square! :) It was the perfect night! While we were taking family pictures in front of the reflecting pool, everyone stepped away and left Ryan room to get down on one knee. I was so surprised. In that moment, Ryan and I were in a little bubble. We were only focused on each other. The second I said yes to his proposal, we turned and reality hit us. Family AND strangers who were gathered around started cheering and taking pictures. My face literally hurt from smiling! That was by far the happiest night of my life.


Since then Ryan and I have been enjoying the engaged life. We have been congratulated by our closest friends and family- which has meant the world to us!! We are so lucky! Everyone has been so anxious to find out dates and plans and locations....yikes!!! What!??!?! haha. We promise we will get all that info out when we figure it out. LOL.


Finally, one of my favorite parts of our Utah trip was having the pleasure of Ashton Swank (my high school best friend) taking our engagement pictures! We had originally planned to just get together for lunch, but when Ashton heard about our engagement she offered to do our pics. We did them at the Garden Park Ward in Utah in about 17 degree weather. We were all freezing (including poor little Emma - Chris had to keep her warm in the car). Ryan was so much fun while taking the pictures. I was so impressed with his attitude. I can already tell he is going to be a wonderful and supportive fiance! The pics turned out great and it was even a little sentimental to have Ashton do them.





Last night we welcomed in 2011 with a family/family friend party. With all that has happened to this point, it's hard to imagine that it will not be an amazing year. There are SO many things to look forward to! Hope everyone had a wonder holiday season and Happy New Year!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment