For some reason, our lives have gotten VERY busy lately. Yes, we have a 3 month old. Yes, Ryan's work with the Army has him away from home alot - making me feel like a single parent sometimes. Yes, Ryan is taking two college classes. Yes, I am managing the house by myself. And yes, we just adopted a dog who is still very much a puppy. However, I love how we still make time for our relationship, even though those moments might be few and far between sometimes.
This past week has been really hard on each of us. I guess it followed the cliche "when it rains, it pours". Things just seemed to be way too difficult for each of us in our own ways. Ryan and I had both almost hit rock bottom with our every day challenges.
Thank goodness I married an amazing man...because Ryan brought us both back up to speed by surprising me with a date night! He got off work a little early (does the Army have a heart?!!) and told me to get ready because he was taking me to dinner. What about Blake!? Well, Ryan had already arranged for our family friends to babysit him for 2 hours. Yay! He took me to one of our favorite places, Hana - a Japanese Steakhouse! Yum and yum. Then we went to the car wash - the Jeep was just disgusting. The drive thru one was broken so we washed the car by hand - totally acting like little kids the whole time by slinging soap and spraying water. :)
Life will not be easy, but luckily we have learned in our very young marriage that we can support each other with our ebb and flow... and always pause things to have some time together!
No comments:
Post a Comment