Everyone, meet Maggie! She is the newest addition to our family. Now...I know what you are thinking. What are we doing adopting a dog?!!?! Well...there is a cool story to it.
Ryan got word on Friday that the DeRidder Animal Shelter was way over on dogs and sadly they would be putting down 12 dogs. :( He debated on telling me because, if you know me, I am a total animal lover. I can't stand to think of an animal getting put down. When Ryan finally told me, I wanted to call the shelter and see what dogs they had. We found the website and started looking. That's when we saw Maggie!!
Small world...she actually belonged to a family that we knew at Ft. Polk. They had to move and they gave her to a man here in Leesville. He ended up being a (whats a nice word here...) JERK and took her to the animal shelter without telling the family. Maggie has been in the shelter since February.
Once I saw that Maggie belonged to a family we knew...and that she was on the list of dogs to be put down, I knew we had to get her!!!
She is perfect for our family. She is a tan husky/boxer mix, 2 years old, housebroken, and LOVES kids! The best part is that she has two different colored eyes. One brown and one blue. She has already settled in so well. She instantly became attached to Ryan, following him everywhere. She even greeted Blake and I with kisses. Blake looked at her with a confused look. We thought he might cry....BUT he just smiled his little heart out. He loves her! She is so gentle with him too. I put Blake down for a nap and she quietly followed me in and out of his room. Good Girl!!! :)
We are now getting her all set up in our little house. The more the merrier right?! Can't wait for her to meet Roxie in North Carolina! More pictures to come soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment