Image Map

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Do the Dew Date

When I first found out I was pregnant, almost a year ago, I made the decision not to drink caffeine - mostly from my Mt. Dew obsession. I know that you can have small amounts of caffeine while pregnant, but I wanted to be as healthy as possible. In fact, I cut out sodas in general.

I started drinking sodas after Blake was born, but still no caffeine...until now. Blake is now 3 months old and I decided I was in the clear and could have one Mt.Dew every now and then!

Ryan and I went on our weekly date - just getting some Mexican food for Cinco de Mayo- and that is where it happened. I grabbed Ryan's Mt.Dew and had my first sip in over a year. (take a moment to savor it) It was fantastic. Ryan said it was more of a gulp than a sip. Haha. I just cant explain how happy my taste buds were. :) After all this time of watching others drink Mt. Dew and me restraining myself...it all paid off! Our date nights are always amazing, but the Mt.Dew totally made the night.

PS- Is it lame that we also went grocery shopping on our date night while we didn't have Blake with us?! We are totally turning into THOSE old people. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment