Image Map

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Waiting Game

Ryan and I are currently playing the waiting game with Baby Blake. We will be 37 weeks on Saturday and then its pretty much fair game from there - he could come at any point after that.

Our doctors visit today said that we were looking good. Blake is head down (check!) and he is fully developed (check again!) and I am measuring right where I need to be (can I get another check, please?!?) :) They also said that Baby Blake was weighing in at 6.3 lbs, which is a little smaller than normal, but nothing to worry about at this point. I was encouraged by the doctor to drink LOTS of water and really take it easy these last couple of weeks so that we can get ready for a healthy delivery.

During the ultrasound they showed Baby Blake's face. I can't tell you the feelings of seeing him at 36ish weeks. It was precious!!! He was asleep with his little hand snuggled up close. He even moved his little lips like he was trying to suck his thumb. I just wanted to bust out with tears of joy. It is amazing how much love we feel for him already. I am just so proud of him in a way that I can't explain. When he is ready to join us, we will be MORE than ready to have him here. We love our little Baby Blake.


PS- Don't let the cool, calm, and collected rant fool you. Deep down inside Ryan and I are also very nervous about the whole birthing and newborn process! I think thats a norm for all upcoming first time parents though. LOL. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment