Yes, we are THOSE neighbors. Ryan and I - ok it was my idea- dog napped our neighbor's puppy last night. Now, before you start passing judgement, let me explain...
We are lucky enough to live in a wonderful family neighborhood. Our neighbors are friendly (meaning we say hey when we see them) and they have the most adorable little Beagle puppy. The only downside is that the puppy barks A LOT. They are trying to get the puppy used to being outside (in a little fenced in area) so that she doesn't have to stay in her cage all the time.
After hearing the dog bark for most of the day, I finally reached my breaking point last night at about 8:30. The noise started to sound like nails on a chalkboard. Ryan is able to block out noises like this, but I just couldn't take it anymore. So, I suggested that we get ahold of the owner, who was at work, at tell her to come home! Ryan quickly said that was a no go. Then I suggested that we go get the dog and let it in our house for a little while. At this point, anything was better than hearing more noise. Harmless! Ryan allowed it...well I don't think he had much of a choice.
We got the flashlight and went over to the fence and got the puppy out. Once in our house she was so much fun to play with AND she wasn't barking anymore!! Within 10 minutes, Ryan walks to the kitchen and looks out the front window... "Ummm, Sarah.... the neighbor is home now." YIKES! The neighbor just got home and we have her puppy in our house. How are we going to explain that?!?!
Being the honest people we are, we went over there and gave the puppy back - while apologizing and explaining we were just trying to help with the barking situation. Now that I think about it we should have totally said the dog got out of the fence and we saved it. Anyway, our neighbor was a little overwhelmed/panicked at the moment because she thought her dog had escaped. Talk about an awkward conversation! (How bad do I feel at this point!?!)
In fact, I felt so bad about what happened that I made Ryan go back over there and apologize some more for us. Poor Ryan...I felt bad about that too. He again explained to her that I was feeling really bad about the situation and we didn't want to upset her with our actions. She was luckily so nice and was grateful that we took the dog since it was barking so much. She even said to dog nap her anytime we wanted to! Whew!! We were off the hook.
Needless to say...there is never a dull moment at the Larsen home! We can now officially say we have dog napped...and that wasn't even a New Year's Resolution! Ha-ha!
hahaha omg sarah this is hilarious!
ReplyDelete