On my LONG (8 hour) flight back to the US, I got to watch The Social Network - the movie about the creation of Facebook. It was actually really interesting, not for the plot, but for seeing how the Facebook obsession came about. It was neat to see how quickly it caught people's attention and why. It is the ultimate social experiment. We want to see other people's lives and we want to share our own life. It proves how truly nosey we naturally are. Our society has become driven by that! There was a comment in the movie relating to people not going out anymore - you just socialize online. How convenient!
Now, I am not going to get into the healthy/not healthy aspects of this cultural obsession. Instead, I am going to show my gratitude. No matter what the reason for its creation, I give it credit for finding the love of my life. Without Facebook, I would have never 'accidentally' friend requested Ryan. Although I believe that we are soulmates, I am not sure we would have found each other at the right time if it weren't for this social network. Timing is everything, and Facebook was a large part of our fate. So, thank you Mark Zuckerberg! What started off as a Harvard social network has led to many wonderful friendships and my ultimate happiness with the man of my dreams. Who would've thought! :)
LOL, i love this!
ReplyDelete