Image Map

Monday, February 21, 2011

Savor The Moment

Today I had a wonderful talk with a friend from work. She was of course asking about the wedding plans and moving. From one thing to the next we started discussing weddings, families, and jobs. As I was sharing what Ryan and I had in store (or at least what we would like...), my friend stopped me and said - Just make sure you take time to enjoy all the moments. Enjoy the engagement, enjoy being newlyweds, and when the time comes, take that time to enjoy being parents. She really emphasized how people should not get caught up in the daily stress over work and small things. I believe that this was sincerely coming from the heart, and perhaps a moment that she had forgotten to savor. The conversation was a good reminder to prioritize your life and focus on those things that are most important to you - everything else will just work out. I know that sounds rather simple and cliche - but it's true. You just have to have faith in it.

So, Ryan and I are going to really focus on savoring the last 54 days of our engagement period! We are going to look forward to enjoying time as newlyweds and we can't wait until the day we are parents! :) Make sure you savor the moments that are most important in YOUR life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment