Image Map

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

We Eat Like It's Our Job

Today I came home in somewhat of a bad mood. I wasn't stressed, but I was overwhelmed. I really looked forward to coming home and skyping with Ryan - knowing that he would make my day better. He quickly made me smile and laugh, and then he said the magic words that every woman wants to hear - "Honey, you have had a bad day. I want you to go out and get some Chinese food. My treat!" I love that man!!! :)
As I was getting my Chinese take out (which totally helped turn my day around - btw!), I started to think about how much Ryan and I enjoy food. We LOVE to get Chinese take out and just stay in for the night. In fact, that will probably be one of the first things we do when we get to Louisiana - find our Chinese spot! It is necessary to have!
However, we don't just love take out. We love eating out too. We have been known to go to restaurants and eat like it's our job! Outback and Olive Garden are just a few of our favorites. :) The only bad thing is that we don't know where to stop. We have been known to be completely miserable after eating out because we eat WAY too much! The food is just so good.
Food really brings us together. We are totally that couple who tries each other's food and trades bites. Cheesy, I know. I just love how we have gotten to the point where we swap out items automatically, depending on what each other likes or dislikes. It makes me smile how well we know each other! At this point all I can do is pray that we have enough money to eat out a lot OR someone needs to get me some cookbooks for a wedding gift - cooking is not my thing right now. It is a goal to work on! :) Until then, bring on the Chinese, Outbacks, IHOPs, and Olive Gardens!

PS- The closest 'favorites' to Ft. Polk, LA are atleast 45 minutes away. We have already planned/mapped out how we can spend a day in Alexandria and fit in all of our favorite restaurants! LOL! We have our priorities set!

No comments:

Post a Comment