As many of you know, when I relocated to Louisiana I had to leave many things behind that I loved - including teaching. Although it was a job that annoyed me at times, it was also something that made my heart happy. It is just my passion.
I assumed that I would not be able to get a teaching job here in Louisiana because 1) I'm having a baby in February which makes a full teaching year impossible and 2) there are NO openings in this area. Ryan and I decided that I would just go to the next plan - which was to look for another job (any job) so that we could save up extra money for when the baby gets here.
I have spent a whole month looking for ANY job that would take me. I had lots of interviews, some that worked out and some that didn't, but nothing fit our situation the way we wanted it to. Ryan has always had a positive attitude and has encouraged me the whole time. However, I was not doing that for myself. I was SO discouraged and somewhat in a panic. I had pretty much given up all hope until....
I got a phone call from Beauregard Parish School Board. You see, I applied for a secretary position at one of the schools. The Personnel Director asked me on the phone if I was really a certified English teacher. "Yes sir!" He then told me that he was forwarding my application to two Principals that have a need for me. I learned that these two schools had a English position open for the months of August-December. WHAT?!?!? How perfect is this?!!? I interviewed with them both and then Ryan and I decided which school would be best for me to work at.
This opportunity has been an answer to so many of our prayers. It was unbelievable to see how this came out of nowhere and proved to be the perfect situation. I am VERY grateful for this blessing in our lives. Not only do I get to continue my profession, but I also get to do it within the time crunch of my expanding family. I will be able to stop working at Christmas and get ready for the baby. I will be teaching English I (9th grade) at a wonderful school that reminds me much of WFR. I go in on Monday and sign my contract and get that salary started and then I get to enjoy my last 2 weeks of summer vacation. School starts on August 10th! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment