Ryan graduated from WLC yesterday, Warrior Leader Course - a part of the NCO Academy. This is a course that Ryan was supposed to take in Italy, but couldn't because it interfered with his dates to come home. It has been a 3 week long course full of classes, presentations, and training. He has put in numerous amounts of long nights studying and preparing for things in this course AND his hard work paid off! Ryan made the Commandant's List! This is a list of the top 20% grades in the course. Normally the course has over 100 soldiers enrolled; however, Ryan's class only had about half that amount - making the Commandant's List even more difficult to achieve. He did it though, with a 97.9 in the class, overall!
I can't help but brag! :) This course will help him in the future (hopefully near future) as he goes to the Boards and prepares for a promotion.
I am especially excited because I got to attend his graduation. Since we have been 'long distance' forever, this was the first thing that I was able to go support him on (normally I am supporting from a far). Then of course we went to a nice dinner to celebrate with some friends. Great day for the Larsen's!
Congrats! My husband made the Commandants List too when he went to WLC. Definitely is a nice touch to his ERB. :)
ReplyDeleteMy son just texted me (Wed. 8/3/11) moments ago and informed me that he just found out that he made the Commandant's list at the WLC in Ft. Bragg. Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the coast and will not be able to attend his graduation ceremony. However, as I write this, I am waiting for him to let me know what time the ceremony starts so that I can be with him in thoughts and spirit.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you and your son, no doubt you must be very proud and deservedly so. I know I couldn't be prouder. My son Jordan is stationed at Ft. Story, VA.
Yolanda (ysmart1@hotmail.com)
Thanks...that is my husband. We are a little too young to have children in the Army.
ReplyDelete