You know that cute little childhood song, "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage..." Well, that is the story of Ryan and I at the moment. Recently we learned the exciting news that we are having a baby!! I am about 5 weeks pregnant right now and the due date is in the first week of February (I don't really see the point in knowing the exact date because it rarely ever happens ON that day - but that's just me).
Ryan and I are SO excited - words cannot describe. Yes, we were 'trying' and we did want to start a family very soon. We both come from large families and we want that too! :) To be honest, we both thought that we would have trouble getting pregnant. While growing up, a doctor once mentioned that I might have trouble getting pregnant and fertility options might need to be discussed when the time came. Exactly what every girl DOES NOT want to hear. But that just shows that there is a difference between doctors and Heavenly Father. It was the best surprise to see that we got pregnant so quickly!
So far I have had the basic early pregnancy symptoms, nothing crazy. I am exhausted a lot and I spend way too much time in the loo - but I better start getting used to that, from what I hear. LOL. I have my first prenatal appointment when I get to Louisiana and I'm sure there will be lots more information to share as we go.
Luckily our house in Louisiana has room to accommodate a nursery! :) Ryan and I are so grateful for this blessing in our lives and we are grateful for all the friends and family we get to share it with. There have been so many people supporting us already and that means the world to us. This baby will definitely have lots of love!
seriously sooo excited for you! super jealous and i envy you...i cant wait to start to a family but i know it will be tough for me. Love you both soo much and you both deserve so much happiness, such a blessing!!! <3 <3
ReplyDeleteThanks Brit! That's so sweet! I can't wait for your day to come - that will be one lucky kid! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new blessing :)
ReplyDelete