I finally made it! I can officially say that Ryan and I are now living in the same state...the same town...heck, the same house!! It's fantastic, glorious, and just plain great! Sorry for the excessive use of exclamation points. I guess I'm just a little excited...! :)
I started driving down to Louisiana Saturday morning. Now when I say 'I started driving down to Louisiana' I really mean that my Dad started driving down. He joined me for the trip so that I wouldn't have to drive alone and that I would be safe on the long trip. I'm so glad he came along. We were just so excited (and ready) to get to Louisiana that we pushed ourselves and made the trip in one day! Now, please do not underestimate the difficulty of this task. One day just sounds so easy. However, it was 17 LONG hours of driving with only a few 15-30 minute stops (Preggers over here has to potty a little more than usual). Alabama was the WORST state to drive in just because there is nothing there. But hey, I got to cross the Mississippi River and it was beautiful.
We arrived to my house in Louisiana at 1:30 am. My Dad and I were exhausted. None the less, I was greeted by a dozen roses and my husband! Ryan has always greeted me with flowers when we have our 'reunions' and I was SO excited to see that he kept the tradition alive this time too. It was great a fun surprise. He also had all the furniture set up and most of the boxes unpacked.
Now we just have lots of unpacking and organizing to do. Ryan is still in WLC, so he is really busy studying and doing prep for this class. My dad flies back to NC tomorrow and I am keeping busy here at the house this week with trying to get everything in order - 'nesting' if you will. Stay tuned for pictures of our house AND baby appointment news. :)
yay!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteon EVERYTHING (just to clarify) :)
ReplyDeletewoohoo! i love it!
ReplyDeleteHEY!!! I beg to differ with the "There is nothing in Alabama" statement!!!! I am there! :)
ReplyDeleteHAHA. Sorry. I couldn't find you! :)
ReplyDelete