In the end, it ended up being one of the best nights! When we got to the game I was attacked with "Hey Ms. Wiggins!!". All of my favorite students from last year came and found me. They even sat and watched the game with Taylor and I. It made me feel like a million bucks that my old students thought I was 'cool' enough to hang out with. It honestly gave me that warm fuzzy feeling inside that my job is more than just teaching English. Maybe I do make an impact of these kids lives! :) Sometimes I get caught up in the paperwork and nonsense things of my job...but the important things are those kids! It makes my job all worth it! Love love love them!
Friday, October 8, 2010
WFR Homecoming!
At about 4:00 this afternoon I was pretty sure that my day could not get any worse. I had an awful day at work - just feeling like things kept getting dumped on me. I had already made plans with Taylor to go to the WFR homecoming game tonight (the school where I work at). I REALLY did not want to go, based off the day I had. The school was the last place I wanted to be. However, I already told her I would, so I couldn't back out.
In the end, it ended up being one of the best nights! When we got to the game I was attacked with "Hey Ms. Wiggins!!". All of my favorite students from last year came and found me. They even sat and watched the game with Taylor and I. It made me feel like a million bucks that my old students thought I was 'cool' enough to hang out with. It honestly gave me that warm fuzzy feeling inside that my job is more than just teaching English. Maybe I do make an impact of these kids lives! :) Sometimes I get caught up in the paperwork and nonsense things of my job...but the important things are those kids! It makes my job all worth it! Love love love them!
In the end, it ended up being one of the best nights! When we got to the game I was attacked with "Hey Ms. Wiggins!!". All of my favorite students from last year came and found me. They even sat and watched the game with Taylor and I. It made me feel like a million bucks that my old students thought I was 'cool' enough to hang out with. It honestly gave me that warm fuzzy feeling inside that my job is more than just teaching English. Maybe I do make an impact of these kids lives! :) Sometimes I get caught up in the paperwork and nonsense things of my job...but the important things are those kids! It makes my job all worth it! Love love love them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment