
Every year it is a tradition for my dad and I to carve a pumpkin. We have a little competition to see if we can out do ourselves from the year before. I will have to admit, my dad is the pro at this activity. He has this weird innate art skill that gives him the ability to draw anything he wants. Then I add the excellent seed scooping skills and attention to minor detail. We really should enter a contest. Haha...
In past years we have done generic Halloween objects (like black cats, haunted houses, etc.). We also tend to get creative some years and do random objects of interest, such as an awesome 'Whispering Wind" guy. Personally I think that was our best one up to this point.
This year my mind has been pretty set on the Army, especially this month! Clint, my brother-in-law left for Afghanistan last week and Ryan will be coming home (aka Italy) very soon. Both of them are Airborne Infantry Soldiers, so I decided to do the Airborne logo. Just to clarify - my dad really is the one who did the logo. The idea was simply mine. :) Overall I think it turned out to be pretty cool! Just a good combination or patriotism and pumpkins!
No comments:
Post a Comment