Image Map

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Two Magic Words

Blake's vocabulary has REALLY been developing over the past few months. He is even saying little sentences. However... there are certain words and phrases that a parent waits, for what seems like FOREVER, to hear and Blake finally said one of them.

Last night Blake said, "Love you!" Melt my heart!!!

We obviously say "Love you" to Blake several times a day, but normally he simply responds with " uhh uhh" :) Last night when I was putting him to sleep I snuggled him up and kissed him on the head and told him I loved him. He got a little grin on his face and said, "Love you!" Wow!! There it was. I have waited two long years for him to say that to me! I got so excited and he just kept saying it. I yelled for Ryan to come back to Blake's room and we surprised him with it! We all started smiling and saying it all over again.

Part of me was a little worried that he would forget about it in the morning, but rest assured... he is still saying it! YAY! It is truly amazing how two little words can make your heart about burst with happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment