Well, this is snow day round.... I honestly have lost track. We were released from school early on Monday due to incoming sleet and freezing rain. Our area got a little more than expected and temperatures didn't get over freezing, so we also got a snow day today too!
Sadly Ryan still had a normal schedule, but Blake and I got to spend more "snow days" together. Many of my friends and colleagues have been really complaining about the cold weather and snow days, but I have really been enjoying them!
One of the main reasons that I chose a career in teaching is because it is very conducive to a family schedule. When the kids are out then I am out too! If I have to work out of the home, then it's nice to have a job that runs on the EXACT same schedule that they will be on.
Monday afternoon I was able to pick Blake up before his nap. We came home and both took a nice little nap together. We then spent the rest of our snow day time playing in a pop up tent, watching Blake's favorite movies, eating cookies, playing with cars, and more! I was even able to sneak in some good reading time!
So, while all of the other people are stuck seeing the negative side of snow days, I am busy living in the moment of quality time with my kid. And of course Ryan jumped right in and joined us when he got home! Family is our priority. We take every moment we can and we turn it into a memory. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment