Image Map

Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Ultimate Birthday Wish

Yesterday was my birthday! The big 2-8! :) I was overwhelmed with all of the birthday wishes, calls, gifts, food, and more! It is one of those days in which you are just reminded how much you are truly loved... and that's just a great feeling!

I was able to spend my birthday with my boys and my family. Ryan and Blake got me a book I had been asking for and also a Swiffer Steamer. Yes, I asked for a cleaning gift. LOL! My family also got me tickets to the Lipstick Luncheon, gift cards and money for books (duh), and a gift card to Wine and Design. All of my favorites! Blake also got to have a sleepover with GDaddy so that Ryan and I could go out to eat and have the house to ourselves for a night. It sure was nice to sleep in a little. Am I getting old because 7:30 is considered sleeping in!?! :)






Another year older and also another year wiser. Recently I have learned a couple of very important things...
1) "Every act of kindness grows the spirit and strengthens the soul."
2) "Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." - Gordon B. Hinckley

This year my birthday wish is to BE THE GOOD in the world. I plan on making my 28th year a year of service and kindness. Each day I will make a special effort to go out of my way to do an act of kindness or service. It may not be something HUGE each day, and sometimes it might just be a smile to a stranger or a compliment. The important part is that I want to do something positive in someone's life each day. You wouldn't believe the difference that something like that makes in others lives... and yours! It's just magical. I am very excited to see some happiness spread into the world around me for 365 days (and more)! :) Join me?! Be the good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment