Image Map

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Signature Dish

As a newlywed wife, I have tried to focus some of my time on cooking. That is what good wives are supposed to do, right? Now, don't get too excited. I haven't started the bread-maker or anything, but I have mastered what I think will be my signature dish.

A signature dish- I believe that every household should have one. It is the one meal that is served frequently and loved by all. I came upon mine by accident - Stuffed Bell Peppers. I had made them a few times before getting married, but was still tweaking the recipe. I decided to make it one night for Ryan and I - simply because it was cheap and easy. What do you know!?! Ryan loved it and has requested it VERY often. I now could probably make that meal with my eyes closed.

Tonight I mastered another signature dish, but it's not mine. It's my moms Fried Pork Chops! OK, I don't really know if she would consider this her signature dish, but it's a meal that I always remember her cooking and I loved it! Before I got married, she gave me a cooking lesson on how to make this meal. Boy has that paid off because tonight I made it for Ryan. I don't think mine was anywhere near as good as my moms, but just cooking it made me think of home. It was a meal that warmed my tummy and my heart!

I hope that Ryan and I can continue with my signature dish of Stuffed Bell Peppers so that one day I can teach my kids how to make it - and then have them think of me when they cook it (or try to). :)
Note to self - I need to get my Memommy to teach me how to make her Homemade Macaroni and Cheese. I was craving that today and the fact that she is in NC did not help the situation. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Shoot...I want your stuffed pepper recipe. As for Memommy, I want to know how to make her chicken and rice (YUM!)

    Love ya:)

    ReplyDelete