As we have all experienced at some point or another - kids say the darndest things! They really have no filter. Many of you know that it is my occupation to work with kids (aka - emotional teenagers. lol), so I hear the 'darndest things' all the time. However, recently, the topic has been about me!
Since I am at a new school, I was planning on waiting a little while before revealing my pregnancy. I wanted to form my own work ethic first before I shared my life changing news with 135 kids. Well, they are more observant than I gave them credit for! After only 3 days of school, a student quietly asked me if I was pregnant. I was shocked - deer in headlights! What do I say?!?! I played it off a little while so that I could get my words in order. Finally, today, I felt that it was best to lay it all out on the table. Here are some of the darndest things I heard - Ryan and I got a good laugh out of them.
"Mrs. Larsen, can I read to your kid?!" (Well, if it will get you to read..why not?!)
"I am probably gonna be that kid who wants to rub your belly." (yeah...I think NOT!)
"What, are you like 1 month along?" (bless your heart!!!)
"Can we bet money on if it's a girl or a boy?" (no response...)
"I mean, you aren't large - just like medium big..." (If you think I'm big now...you just wait, kid)
"You are going to be so cute!!!" (I sure do love my cheerleader girls!)
so cute!
ReplyDeleteI bet the comments and questions will get even better as the weeks go by. Keep posting those "darn" sayings:) HAHAHAHA
ReplyDelete