Image Map

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Working for the Weekend

Case: Working To Live vs. Living To Work
Victims: Ryan & Sarah Larsen
Date: Week of May 23-28

It's bad when you can't even enjoy a 'relaxing' Sunday because of the upcoming dreaded work week. For Ryan, this past work week never ended! He is on his first training rotation and has worked for the past 7 days in a row (also without a break in the near future...). He has pulled some long hours running around in the hot sun all day. This week will be the portion of the training rotation where he will have even LONGER hours and some overnight shifts in the field. This of course will make communication between us a fun challenge. I'm sure he is less than thrilled, but also excited by the action at the same time.

Although my work is not as physically demanding as Ryan's - I feel as though I need an extra dose of patience and motivation every morning too. This upcoming week is the week prior to student exams. I am still not sure if the students realize this. I am willing to bet that their minds are already on summer vacation. Of course, who am I kidding? - Mine is too!!! Last Friday, my kids were so distracted, unmotivated, and just plain annoying. I would have jumped out my window if the window would actually open! I seriously doubt that this week will be any better! The only good thing about it is that its 1 week closer to the end of school (June 10th to be exact!).

Now, don't get me wrong, Ryan and I have had difficult weeks before. We can handle it and we will make it to the end, believe it or not! I think we are just ready to start working to LIVE instead of living to WORK! I know without a doubt that once I get to Louisiana we will be able to enjoy some of the fruits of our labors with summer fun days and great adventures (yes, even in the small town of Leesville, LA!) :) 3 weeks and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment