Remote (re-mote) adj: far away; secluded; distant; synonym: FT. POLK, LOUISIANA!
Ryan and I made it 2 weeks until we HAD to see each other again. :) Being married and apart for the first month or so is no fun, but that reunion just keeps getting better and better. Ryan picked me up from the airport in Louisiana last night. I was SO excited to finally see the 'home' that would be ours for the next 2 years.
All I can say is, I LOVE IT! Of course we have nothing in our house yet (the Army picks up and moves our furniture next week), but I can already see what it will look like. No worries, we will post pics AFTER it's all put together (the curse of being a perfectionist). I think we might even be adventurous enough to paint a room or two! More details to come...
Ryan took me on post today. We sorted out some last minute spouse paperwork AND I got my military ID. Leaving the building, Ryan asked me if I was OK. He said I looked down. He then busted out laughing when I told him I was slightly disappointed that my military ID was black and cream and plain - not like the cool color picture that he has. I wouldn't have done my make-up all pretty if I would have known I was gonna get a black and white, small, blurry picture! Oh well... I'm legit now, so I can go on and off post whenever I want. No complaints. I swear I am like Roxy from Army Wives! If you don't watch that show - you need to!
I have a feeling that Leesville, LA will treat us alright. Even though it is not the most popular tourist spot, I know we will create some wonderful memories here. Love is all we need. :)
Love, love, love that you are down there together and you got to see your new house! I'm actually anxiously awaiting the pictures of the place once it's all put together, I imagine it's going to be ADORABLE!
ReplyDeleteLol I swear those IDs add 10 pounds to the face! Yep unfortunately only the ones in the military get the CAC cards. :P
ReplyDelete