A few weeks ago Ryan and I had our first date night as a married couple. No surprise, this was a long distance date night, since he had just moved to Louisiana. We decided that we would have a Skype dinner date. We would Skype while both making spaghetti and then sit down and eat it together. (Sorry if some of you think the idea is disgustingly cheesy, but I think it's cute!)
Well, the time had come and we began cooking. It was somewhat humorous as we were both trying to time the dinner just right. ***Time out - those of you who know me, obviously know that I can't cook!*** We began by letting the water heat up to a boil as we focused on the spaghetti sauce. Easy enough... My way of doing this - dump the jar of sauce into the pan and turn it up to medium heat. Done! Well, Ryan totally showed me up by adding all kinds of things to his sauce. Show off!
Next, Ryan's water started boiling and he continued on with his noodles. Well, it took about 10 minutes before I realized that my water really wasn't boiling. Hhmmm... it took me a little while longer to see that the coil to my stove top eye was loose from cleaning. I quickly pushed it back in and hoped it would boil fast before Ryan noticed. Who am I kidding?! Of course he noticed!!! His meal was done and he asked what was taking so long on my end. Once I explained to him what happened he simply replied with, "Geez, I knew you couldn't cook but I thought you would at least be able to boil water!" Thanks, honey!
Man, do I have some work to do! When I went down to visit Ryan in Louisiana last week, we decided to have some friends over for dinner at our house. Our house? Dinner? Guests? NO PRESSURE! Luckily I made a wonderful meal of chicken and rice with a gravy and mushroom sauce. Nothing major went wrong and I only had a few panic attacks! LOL!
Ryan and I LOVE to eat, I guess the only problem is who can cook. Cooking has been a goal of mine for a while now and I got several good cookbooks as wedding gifts (take a hint?), so now I don't have any excuses! Hopefully I will be able to share some GOOD cooking stories and recipes that Ryan and I try when I move to Louisiana. :)
*Ashton and Caroline - I am totally stealing some from your blog. Perhaps something beginner? :)
Well, only steal from me if you can eat dessert 3 meals a day! That's all I do :)
ReplyDeleteI have a great alfredo recipe on my blog. VERY easy to make. :)
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you already :) I will post some of my favorite EASY recipes for you soon! Sound like a deal?!
ReplyDeleteYour new nickname is "Betty Crocker." Practice makes perfect or at least edible...:)
ReplyDelete