Image Map

Friday, April 4, 2014

Spring Break: Pilot Mountain

Our Spring Break continues! Sadly Ryan has had a VERY long week at work (actually several long weeks), so Blake and I decided to make a quick trip to Pilot Mtn to see my grandparents. Since it's hard for them to travel now, we decided that we should probably visit them while we had the chance.

They have lot's of family land that belonged to my great-grandmother. Now it is in the hands of my grandmother and her siblings. They still keep the farm working with horses, cows, and a new sawmill. Papa was thrilled to take Blake to see it all. I think we might have a little farm boy on our hands. :)



(PS- I am terrified at the thought that this picture will actually become real one day in about 14 years. Yikes!! Hopefully I am still smiling when he is actually in the drivers seat.)



When we weren't on the farm, we were relaxing at Granny and Papa's house. Blake drew some pictures on the sidewalk with Papa and he enjoyed some porch swing time with Granny. Blake is just adored in Pilot Mtn. :)




Cute side story... Blake is starting to get the hang of saying his prayers. Normally he will fold his arms during nighttime prayers and mumble an "amen" every now and then. Well, before eating lunch at Granny and Papas he all of a sudden felt like he needed to pray. HAHA! He had us all folding our arms and he mumbled a little prayer. Then he made us do it again. Cutest thing ever. I think he was "sparked" into praying because Papa sits with his arms folded a lot. I guess Blake saw that and associated the folded arms with prayer. :) It's those simple little things that makes a parent see that they are doing some good things each day and that those little lessons are being learned. Winning!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! I am so happy he is getting to spend time with Mama and Daddy. They adore him (and you) so much. It touches me to see that he gets to experience some of the same things as I did when I was little. Of course, you did those same things when you were Blake's age. Many generations enjoy those farms and everything that goes with them. Great memories and many more to be made.

    ReplyDelete