Sorry for the blurry picture. Blake was bouncing on his bed and wouldn't stop. :)
It has take some adjustment to get used to the freedoms of the new bed. Now that he has figured out that he can get out on his own, he "escapes" pretty frequently. Sigh. After we do our bedtime routine (bath, book, and prayers), we put him in his bed and within 2 minutes he gets out. The hilarious part is that when he gets out, he doesn't play with his toys or anything. Instead, he opens his door and comes to find Ryan and I.
It has been about 3 days (or should I say nights) and I think we are just now getting him back to sleeping all night. At least I hope. Ryan and I weren't ready for the lack of sleep we would have, so we are very ready for this transition period to be over! I do have to say that we are very grateful for his pretty easy transition phase. I have heard parents who have had to deal with some major issues because of switching to a toddler bed. That just proves that our little man is awesome! :)
Side note: Blake STILL gets up at the crack of dawn. We joke and say that he has the same internal clock as a rooster. Currently he starts waking up and stirring around at 5-5:15. Whew... Good morning!! He does wake up with a smile and ready to take on the day, so I guess we can't complain too much. Blake is also still taking a good 2-3 hour afternoon nap, so we really can't complain!!!
Fingers crossed we have more restful nights ahead! One more big stepping stone down in the books!

No comments:
Post a Comment