Image Map

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New Job

When we first moved to Louisiana, I accepted a job at a local high school. The position was perfect becauase I was teaching the grade and subject of my choice AND the job was only until December. Ryan and I figured that this would be perfect since the baby is coming in February.

I have become very attached to the school and the students that I have worked with over the past 4 months. I wont lie - I was hoping that something might change so that I could teach the rest of the year and just take maternity leave. But, nothing like that happened. My last day of teaching this school year will be next Friday.

It is a bitter sweet moment. I hate leaving my students in the middle of the year but I know I will love having the time at home with the baby and Ryan. Teaching is all I have done for the past 4 years - it's just a part of me. Now I will be learning a new job...the full time homemaker job. I am excited for the time with my family and I am so grateful for the support from Ryan. I just hope he doesn't fire me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment