This is our first Christmas together as a married couple. We are going to North Carolina this year for Christmas with my family, but we also wanted to have OUR own Christmas here in OUR house. It was very important to Ryan that we still have our own little traditions separate from both of our family traditions too.
So, this year we opened our Christmas presents to each other early...in our house....in front of our Christmas tree...and on our time! Neither one of us is great with patience. Originally we had planned to open our gifts the night or two before we left for NC. However, looking at the wrapped gifts under the tree just became too tempting for us! We were SO excited about our gifts for each other that we decided to go ahead and open them. Ps- we are totally in trouble when we have kids at Christmas - we will be opening gifts every night!
Ryan got me a Toshiba Thrive Tablet. He knew that I wanted a Kindle so that I could download and read all of my books, but he went above and beyond and got me a whole little mini computer!!! This thing is so great. I can download all of these apps, including my Kindle, the Gospel Library for church stuff, Baby Center, and so much more! Plus it is only like 2 pounds and its small so that I can carry it around everywhere with ease. This will make it nice when I am carrying a baby around too! :) Ryan really does always try to spoil me with gifts...he is so thoughtful!
I got Ryan a new Ipod. He had a nice one when we moved to Louisiana, BUT someone stole it out of his truck when we were getting our oil changed this summer. Yes, that is a nice reflection of the lovely locals here! Anyway, I got him a new one so that he could re download his songs and movies onto. Then I surprised him by getting a painting he got from his deployment framed. It is a huge Deitz painting made just for The Rock guys in Italy! It is now proudly hanging in our dining room. It's really heavy so I am just hoping it doesn't take the wall down. That would be bad.
I loved our Christmas! It is especially nice when you can see how much thought and love went into each gift. I guess we were both good this year! :) Now we are finishing some last minute gifts for our friends and family. Christmas time is so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment