Image Map

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas in NC

Over the river (the Mississippi River, that is) and through the woods to NC we go! :)

Last year we went to Utah for Christmas, so this year we are in NC. Ryan and I woke up early yesterday morning and started our drive. We have been approved for me to ride all 17 hours at 33 weeks pregnant as long as I stop every few hours and walk around.

Yesterday we drove around 10-11 hours and stopped to spend the night in Atlanta, Georgia. It was kind of fun to listen to music, talk,  and explore at random stops along the way. Great times together. The cutest moment was when Ryan was "rocking out" to Linkin Park, Blake started to dance and kick too. We laughed so hard. I have a feeling that father and son will have lots of  bonding moments like that.

This morning we woke up and drove the last 6 hours. It was smooth sailing as we got closer to North Carolina. I was SO SO SO excited! We got to see my parents and then we had dinner with my grandparents (the famous chicken and rice)! It was a great way to start our vacation.

I know Ryan will miss having Christmas in Utah, but he is so amazing and fun here with the Wiggins and Dixon side of our family. We are so happy about having this Christmas together as a couple and also sharing it with our friends and family. Christmas is such an exciting time!

No comments:

Post a Comment