Hit the road Jack...I mean Ryan.
As I flew back to NC today, Ryan and his dad started driving to Louisiana. It will take them a few days and LOTS of time on the road. They have their map all ready and the car and truck loaded down. Hopefully they will make it to Louisiana on Tuesday without any problems. And you know what that means..... we get our house on Tuesday!!!!! We are so grateful to have a place that Ryan can move right into when he gets there. He then checks into Ft. Polk on Wednesday. Tad is staying for the rest of the week to help get things settled...and play golf and bowl of course. Boy time!!! It is a big week for Ryan!!! He has a lot going on and I am so excited for him. I am also very proud of him and this new start he gets. I can't wait to join him in June and start decorating that house of ours!
(Insert random change of topic here) So, all of our wedding fun is over. We have had such an amazing time these past 2 weeks with all of the festivities. It has by far been the best time of our lives up to this point. We are so grateful for all of the hard work that people put into these events. I have said it before and I will say it again (because I can), I believe that it is in the most significant points of your life that people show their true colors. Yes, you can quote me on that one ;) I have been amazed at how people have responded to this significant point in our lives. Of course there are people who I thought would be very supportive and they weren't (I am opting to not discuss this portion...). And with all things there are opposites. There have been people who have really surprised me in how generous they have been.
Lesson learned: It's those small things that make a moment/event special. I do not remember the big things of my wedding...but I DO remember those little phone calls, messages, get togethers, conversations, and random acts of kindness given to us during these past few weeks. Those are the things that have meant the most to us. Ryan and I have talked about how much some of those people/things have touched us and how we can hopefully return the favor. Thanks everyone for putting up with us. We love ya'll!
Stay Tuned - Moving posts will start coming next! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment