Image Map

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Honeymoon: Ocean Isle Style

Well, we are back from our honeymoon (wishing we were still there...lol). We got to spend 5 days at Ocean Isle, NC at a resort called The Winds. We had SO much fun! It was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy some much needed time together. We even got to explore lots of things around the area.




Sunday: We relaxed most of the day. We finally got around to eating dinner at our favorite type of place - Japanese Steakhouse! We got sat at a grill with a nice older couple and their family. They were awesome to talk to and get to know. When we were getting ready to leave the server told us that our check had been taken care of. The couple paid for our dinner because Ryan was in the Army. I almost cried when I got in the car. It was so nice to see people who still care.





Monday: We drove to Wilmington on Monday and went to visit the Battleship and the Aquarium. We loved seeing all the history from the battleship. We got to see the engine room, the living quarters, and the weapons used during WW2. Ryan loved it! I had to practice my breathing as we walked through all the tight spaces within the ship. Let's just say I would NOT be able serve on that ship. The aquarium was fun too. We played and laughed as we saw all the different fish and sea creatures. Make it known that Ryan wants a turtle now!!


Tuesday: It was a gorgeous day to lay on the beach. I think the sun got to Ryan because he passed out. LOL. It was so nice to just lay out and laugh. We then got ready and went to the bowling alley. I am pretty sure we will always bowl no matter where we go. I almost kept up with Ryan this time. :) Bowling is just our thing! Our other thing...Chinese. Yes, we got Chinese take-out that night and just enjoyed being in our suite.


Wednesday: I think we were exhausted at this point. We slept in LATE today. Then we noticed that the Putt- Putt place in town was open. I had previously talked a lot of junk about my putting skills, so Ryan challenged me...and I lost. LOL. One day I will beat him at something! We had fun though. :) We topped off the afternoon with ice cream and a stroll down the pier. It was gorgeous. That night we went out for our BIG dinner. We ate at a nice seafood place on the water. We stuffed our faces with some of the yummiest seafood.



Thursday: We had a nice big breakfast and checked out of our resort. It was so sad to leave suite 301. We saved our room keys and our "Newlywed Koozies" for our memory box (that is getting rather full these days). We have also decided to go back on one of our anniversaries! It was the perfect start to our lives together! Now we are headed to Utah for more wedding celebrations!


1 comment: