Around this time of year, I always think back to when I was a teenager. I like to think that I was an angel; however, my mom might have a few more adjectives to describe me. At that time she liked the words "selfish and ungrateful". I remember one time when she got really fed up with me- She told me that I was not thankful for anything, SO I had to write in a gratitude journal for a month (write all the things I was thankful for). Well, 'snotty me' thought 'How bad can this be?!?!'. After about 15 days I started to struggle to come up with things that I was thankful for....
I guess the words 'grateful' and 'thankful' just trigger that memory. Ever since then, I have tried to be a little more aware of all the things that are given to me. I usually don't have a problem coming up with more than 15 things now.
During Thanksgiving, it is usually customary for people to express gratitude. I am not going to create a long list (like in my gratitude journal), but I would like to take a second to acknowledge the wonderful things in my life. This past year has been a fantastic year. I am SO lucky to have my family still by my side and supporting me through my endeavors. I am also grateful for all the people that have entered my life this past year. My life has changed because of them (especially one named Ryan :)). I am always grateful for my faith and the lessons that I learn from life constantly. I have grown in a million different ways in the past year and I am grateful for every experience that has been a part of it. I can only hope that this list and my experiences will continue to grow.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Don't forget to add something to your gratitude list (even if it is just a list you make in your mind...)
No comments:
Post a Comment