Hi, my name is Sarah and I am addicted to technology, specifically in the forms of Facebook and my Blackberry.
At what point in our lives have we been consumed by these technological dependencies? I will admit, I began using Facebook and my Blackberry in order to keep up with friends and family members. Great idea, right? However, gradually my keeping up with old friends and family turned into Facebook stalking and spending endless hours waiting for the newest gossip. My Blackberry, for convenience, turned into keeping it with me at all times and sleeping with it by my head. I am honestly not sure that I could go a whole day without these things. Um.... anyone seeing the problem yet?!?!
The sad reality is that I know I am not alone. I know that there are loads of people in the same boat with me..all up the creek without a paddle! While we are all sucked into our socially driven guilty pleasures, we are missing the sweet simple things called life. When is the last time you have taken a nice little walk outside, or sat down and had a face to face conversation with a favorite friend? When is the last time you sat in silence and just took in the moment? When is the last time that you read a book for an hour or two? Well, if you are like me, a big question mark is flashing in your head right now because I can't remember the last time I did these things. I am ashamed at that!!
So, as Eminem would say, I am on the road to recovery! I know some people who have completely deleted Facebook and downgraded to a basic phone because of their addiction. I will not be taking those extreme measures; however, I will be removing my face from the computer and phone more often. My inner self is yelling, GET A LIFE!! Yes ma'am! :)
If you are in this boat with me, let's go back to the basics!!! Laugh with people. Fall in love with something simple. Look for the little things. Learn something new. LIVE LIFE!
i totally agree with you. I like the blog by the way! :)
ReplyDelete