Image Map

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We have so much to be thankful for this year, but I think it all boils down to FAMILY! This has been an interesting year with family. We have had ups and downs in our immediate family and in our extended family. However, I think the natural ebb and flow has made us more appreciate the idea of family and what our family needs. We have learned a lot about each other and a lot about what our family treasures (and in some cases needs to avoid).



In the end we are grateful that we have family. As I was reflecting at our family gatherings this week, I immediately knew that I wouldn't be able to survive without some people. My parents help us out with Blake on a daily basis. I seriously can't think about what we would do without them. They selflessly give up their time for their grandchild, who the adore by the way. :) I was also very grateful for family that we don't get to see often. I am touched by the efforts of some of our long distance family members. I talk with some of them on a weekly basis! Keeping in touch like that closes the gap of distance and in fact brings us closer together. I am closest with some of my family who lives far away. That is so awesome!

And most importantly, we are so grateful for our little family. We are still a novice family as we are learning how to conquer small challenges. Ryan and I are still trying to figure out how to parent Blake as he is constantly changing phases. In the process we are also learning a lot about nurturing our marriage. Blake is always learning new things, words, and skills. It's incredible how fast he is changing. I can't express how grateful we are that he is healthy and developing as he should. There are so many families that are not as fortunate.

I probably could go on forever with how much I have learned about family relationships this year. I am so thankful for all of them and the lessons they have taught me.

I guess now you would like to hear about the Turkey... ;) We had Thanksgiving with both sides of my family. We sent our well wishes to Utah and expressed how grateful we were for those family members. We miss them dearly. Hopefully we will have a family vacation out there coming up in 2014. Whoop!

 On my moms side....






On my dads side...





No comments:

Post a Comment