Image Map

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Blake is 18 Months Old

Blake is 18 months old... that means he is 1 1/2!!! Oh my word...I am speechless. Our baby is no longer a baby! Where has all the time gone. It is amazing how fast they grow and develop within the first couple of years. I could go on and on being mushy, but I know that is not what everyone wants to read about. :)

Since this is such a critical benchmark, I thought I would put in some picture comparisons too.

Baby Blake...
 
 
 6 months...

 
1 year...
 
18 months...

 
 
 
Here is what he is up to these days...
  • Words: dada, toodles (Mickey Mouse Club), go, choo choo, bob, mama, car
  • He weighs about 27 lbs. Official check-up is on Monday!
  • He sleeps all night now! Still wakes up at 6 every morning.
  • We are down to only 1 nap during the day (12:30-3)
  • He is obsessed with trains. Loves to ride them.
  • He loves to play with his cars.
  • Being outside is a favorite. He lives to ride his wagon and family bike rides.
  • He likes water but is still not too sure about the lake or pool. Baby steps!
  • Favorite foods are strawberries, cheese, crackers, oatmeal cookies, applesauce, mac n cheese
  • He is a climber and tries to climb anything
  • His favorite animal is a monkey. He loves to make "oohh ohh ahh ahh" sounds. :)
  • He is sometimes shy when meeting new people but he always loves to make friends.
  • We are trying to get rid of the pacifier during the day. It's a struggle. He loves that thing.
  • When he wakes up he has to hold his blanket and monkey for about 5 minutes while waking up. :)
  • He loves learning new things.
  • New skills we are working on - playing with crayons, sensory learning, singing ABC song, counting 123, learning new words, exploring new sights
  • Favorite Shows - Mickey Mouse Club, any train show, Madagascar, Jake and the Neverland Pirates
  • He loves to laugh and wave and point.
  • He isn't too bossy yet, but I am sure that will come soon enough. Sigh.
  • He gives mommy and daddy kisses!
  • I am sure we are forgetting a lot.... but you get the idea behind our grown up little boy!! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment