Well, I am another year older and maybe a little wiser. :)
You know, it's really funny how birthdays change over time. When I was little birthdays meant cake and presents and themed parties. Haha, it's kind of cute and silly all at the same time. Luckily I had a family who made a huge deal out of birthdays, so it was always sometime special for me.
Now, there is something different about birthdays. It's not so much about the party and the presents, but about the company and memories. This year, my favorite birthday moment was hearing Blake laugh so hard as I tried to blow out the trick candles on my cake. It's one of those times life pauses and I look around and smile.
Not to mention I have great friends at work who ordered a huge lunch feast. And a fantastic sister who got me the perfect skirt I wanted - without having to ask. And the parents who pamper me with pedicures. All wonderful examples of love.
Speaking of love.... I have a wonderful husband who made me a perfect cake, took me to dinner, and got me concert tickets to an awesome country show for this summer. That will be an amazing night that I am so looking forward to.
How did I get this lucky?! How did I get these amazing people in my life?! Whatever the answer, I am beyond grateful for how wonderful they all make me feel. I have a feeling that 27 will be a great year for me!

Can I call babysitting on the night of your concert?
ReplyDeleteOf Course!! :)
Delete