First of all...Blake is 4 months old today! We will do his 4 month post after his doctors appointment on Monday. :)
Now...on to this Army love stuff. Blake, myself, and Maggie had to say goodbye to Ryan this morning. He will be doing a training rotation for the next 10 days which requires him to be away from us the whole time - no communication at all.
I thought that once we made it through his deployment and the long distance, while he was in Italy, that this whole Army thing would calm down. It hasn't...an Army kind of love is a special thing. It is always a challenge. It means that your family is separated a lot. It means that the Army controls your time. It means that you have to have lots of strength in your family to survive it.
You would think that Ryan and I would be pro's at this Army love, but we aren't. I still cry when he leaves for more than a day. He still gets stressed about leaving me (and now Blake). We both miss out on things such as birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays. Basically our plans are often ruined by the Army. To be honest, Ryan is always the strong one in this type of situation. I always hate stuff like this so much. However, no matter what the Army requires of us right now, I know that we are stronger because of it. We only have 7-10 months left of it. So I know that our love can remain Army strong until them. :)
This week we will miss Ryan a lot! We will miss his birthday (on the 5th) and he will miss Blake's doctors appointment. Little Blake and I are already counting down the days until next Sunday. We can't wait to have him back with us!! Until then, we will just keep doing what we do!
I completely understand. The first two years of my marriage, I was away from my husband. We spent all the birthdays, holidays, and our first anniversary away from each other. And we still go through separations now if either of us has to go to the field. The life of the Army is never easy. BTW your husband and mine share the same birthday! :)
ReplyDelete