Image Map

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Be Mine

Valentine's Day! This year was super special for two reasons. For one, it was the first Valentine's Day that Ryan and I have actually been in the same location. The first year he was in Afghanistan and the second year he was in Italy. The second reason this was a special Valentine's Day is because we have Blake with us!!

Ryan and I laughed because we never thought that our first Valentine's Day would be in the middle of nowhere Louisiana and with a 12 day old baby. However, it did not keep us from celebrating our love! Luckily my mom is still in town and she offered to watch Blake while we had a quick dinner...I called it a speed date. LOL.

So, after getting Blake settled for the night, we drove up the road to a small little Mexican restaurant with another couple and had a double date. It was so much fun! Often I think that people try to go above and beyond on holidays like Valentine's Day...it can be rather unnecessary. I LOVED just going out to an average place (in a hurry) and enjoying the simple things with the love of my life.

The gifts...Ryan got me a beautiful wooden carved rose. It actually has 3 roses (for our family) and it is purple (my favorite color and our wedding color). It is gorgeous and its something that I will keep forever. He has also ordered a scentsy wax warmer that I have been wanting. I got Ryan the Settlers of Catan game that he wanted (he got this gift early). Then I decorated our bedroom door with hearts. All the hearts had reasons why I love him. For Blake, Ryan and I decorated his door with hearts and all the reasons we love him! It's so cute! We are also making a Daddy & Me hand prints canvas to hang in his room (we will post pictures of that later...)

Just another great day with my love! Ryan and I have always said that we have a special kind of love. We don't have the typical love story...and we have been through so much in the past 2 years. Our love is a fairy tale.... and we live happily ever after every day. :)

Many people have different feelings about Valentine's Day. Some people hate it because it is such a commercialized holiday. Others love the day because they get to celebrate their love for others. No matter what your feelings are, take a second to spend time with someone you love - a significant other, a family member, or even a friend! Love one another!!! ...and not just on Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment