Image Map

Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day

Happy Veteran's Day and a big Thank You to all who have served and continue to serve our country!
I know I am thankful for my grandfather, brother-in-law, and most importantly - my husband!



Ryan and I were talking last night about the pride of a military family. We agreed that there is a certain pride that is held within a military family at all times. They go through so much and just have that sense of unity - almost like a certain reverence and respect for military life.

We also talked about our son and his future. I know that he will be very young while we are still in the Army - 1 year old, but I hope that he will know the military life and have that pride for everything Ryan has done in the past 3, almost 4, years of his life.

Ryan and I also talked about how proud we would be of our son if he ever joined the military. As hard as it would be at times, we would stand by him and support him! We even joked about how he would then find a girl in NC and marry her. Hehe...

I am not ashamed to say that there are times when I have been so angry with the Army - I have hated the times they have taken Ryan away for long periods, I have hated the danger that they have put my loved ones in, and I have hated having to live the Army schedule and not my own. However, I will ALWAYS be proud of being married to a soldier and what that represents. I know that they have done so much good in the world and they are fighting to protect ALL of us and our many comforts. Ryan joined the Army because he wanted to make more of his life. Being in the Army has been some of his best years. He loved being deployed because he knew that he had a very important purpose. He has had so many experiences that have given meaning to his life and others because of his service. Our family is proud to be in the Army!

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his brother."

No comments:

Post a Comment