Image Map

Friday, May 2, 2014

Strawberry Pickin'

Time for our annual strawberry picking!!! Last year we were a little late to the game. We waited until the last week and Ryan was out of town, so he couldn't go with us. This year we planned ahead and we were there on opening day!!! The strawberries were actually a little bit late this year because of all the rain and cold weather, but they were some of the prettiest ones I have ever seen.

Blake remembered exactly what to do. He strutted his stuff right out there and he gobbled down the first strawberry that he could find. :) Although he was covered in red juice, I have to admit that he actually did more picking than eating this year.









The best part about our strawberry adventure was when we went to check out. You see, this farm is run by a good ole country family. Actually they know my grandmother very well. Ryan and Blake walked to the Jeep to wipe Blake's face and hands. I went to go ahead and get our strawberries weighed and paid for. The guy who owns the farm said, "Is your husband in the military?" I responded with a proud yes and I told him what branch. He then dumped our strawberries in the cardboard box without ringing them up and said, "Thank him for his service. These strawberries are on us." WOW! It totally took me back a little bit. I was shocked. You just don't see that anymore. He had apparently noticed the patches on Ryan's motorcycle jacket (he rode the motorcycle there). Ryan came up with Blake and talked to him for a second. Those guys could've talked to Ryan forever. They were so nice! What a great way to end our wonderful afternoon. Just goes to show you that there is still good in the world. So nice to see and we plan to pay it forward!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment