Image Map

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013

Wow... I had no idea that Christmas with a toddler would be such a whirlwind. As the "big day" approached, I had very little down time to blog each and ever event. So, We will be breaking our Christmas into several different posts... all worth reading! This year was an AMAZING Christmas and we are so ready to share it!

Christmas symbolizes family traditions to me and I want my family to have those great traditions of their own! It is difficult to start family traditions with a little family when you are also still doing awesome extended family traditions too, but I was determined to have Christmas Eve and Christmas morning be just my little family. Not sure if I will be able to get away with that every year, but this year I did. :)

First of all.... Christmas Eve is a very special day to our family. It is the day that Ryan proposed!!!! Without that special day, we wouldn't have this family! You can look back to our post in 2010 for the full details, but lets just say it was the best trip to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights!!! :)


On Christmas Eve, we let Blake open a specific gift from Utah family. They were his Christmas Jammies! That will be a yearly tradition for us to open on Christmas Eve. Blake was so cute in his. Ryan and I also got some Jammies from my side of the family but we didn't get a picture of us... I was kind of just focused on the kid, LOL!


We also made Christmas cookies to eat and also to leave a couple for Santa! Blake LOVES cookies so we were almost worried he wouldn't leave any for Santa! :)

  

We watched a Christmas movie (The Grinch) and we read Blake a toddler version of The Christmas Story. Then...bed time!! Luckily Blake doesn't quiet have the anticipation for Christmas Day yet, so we had no problems having his go to sleep! I think Ryan and I were almost too excited to sleep! Christmas Day to come in the next post.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment