Image Map

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day

This is such a special day!! As a mother, I feel as though this day is just a day of appreciation...for all of the hard work we do each day. To be honest, being a mom is just dirty work. Most days I am up to my elbows in diapers, food, dirt, bath water, and toys. The really bad feeling is when you go to work and you smell poop.... then you have to run to the bathroom to make sure its not on you somewhere. LOL!

This year is my second Mother's Day, but it has been the most deserved so far! Our family has had SO much going on this year with moving and Ryan switching jobs. Most of that required me to be a "single mom" while we were in transitions. Whew... let's just say that I am worn out. ALL THE TIME...

Thankfully Ryan and Blake are always quick to praise my hard work and tell me what a good job I am doing. They REALLY made me feel special today. I woke up to a vase of fresh flowers with pictures of Blake around them. Ryan explained that he had a gift from him and that there was a gift for Blake. My gift from Ryan was a gift certificate to Massage Envy to get a facial or a massage. Thank you, Hubby!! Relaxation time! YAY!

Then the boys said that my gift from Blake was outside. That made me a little nervous. I never know what they are up to! :) I went outside and saw a brand new bicycle with an infant seat on the back. Smiles all around! Ryan had just fixed up a bike for himself and he wanted me to have one too. My new bike is beautiful! The infant seat is pretty nice too... Blake will be all comfy on our family rides.

After breakfast, I tested out my bike...just to see if I could still remember how to ride. Haha. Then we put all of our little helmets on and we did a little ride down our path. I couldn't see him, but Ryan (who was riding beside us) said Blake was all smiles and laughing. Yay again! I was so scared that I would topple over with Blake or that he would scream and not like it. Luckily all went well and we are ready for family bike rides in the future!




It has been the best Mother's Day. I love being a mom so much. I know that it is such an important role to have. I am just at the start of it. I have a lot of responsibility on my shoulders in raising my family, and I am so ready!!! There is nothing better than being a mom to my little man. I don't know how I got so lucky to have him...but I am beyond grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment