Parenting Poems
Which Parent Will I Be?
~Author Unknown~
"I got two A's," the small boy cried.
His voice was filled with glee.
His father very bluntly asked,
"Why didn't you get three?"
"Mom, I've got the dishes done,"
The girl called from the door.
Her mother very calmly said,
"Did you sweep the floor?"
"I've mowed the grass," the tall boy said,
"And put the mower away."
His father asked him, with a shrug,
"Did you clean off the clay?"
The children in the house next door
seem happy and content.
The same thing happened over there,
And this is how it went:
"I got two A's,"
the small boy cried,
His voice was filled with glee.
His father very proudly said,
"That's great, I'm glad you belong to me."
"Mom, I've got the dishes done,"
The girl called from the door.
Her mother smiled and softly said,
"Each day I love you more."
"I've mowed the grass," the tall boy said,
"And put the mower away."
His father answered with much joy,
"You've made my day happy."
Children deserve a little praise
For tasks they're asked to do.
If they're to lead a happy life,
So much depends on you.
Which Parent Will I Be?
~Author Unknown~
"I got two A's," the small boy cried.
His voice was filled with glee.
His father very bluntly asked,
"Why didn't you get three?"
"Mom, I've got the dishes done,"
The girl called from the door.
Her mother very calmly said,
"Did you sweep the floor?"
"I've mowed the grass," the tall boy said,
"And put the mower away."
His father asked him, with a shrug,
"Did you clean off the clay?"
The children in the house next door
seem happy and content.
The same thing happened over there,
And this is how it went:
"I got two A's,"
the small boy cried,
His voice was filled with glee.
His father very proudly said,
"That's great, I'm glad you belong to me."
"Mom, I've got the dishes done,"
The girl called from the door.
Her mother smiled and softly said,
"Each day I love you more."
"I've mowed the grass," the tall boy said,
"And put the mower away."
His father answered with much joy,
"You've made my day happy."
Children deserve a little praise
For tasks they're asked to do.
If they're to lead a happy life,
So much depends on you.
Ryan and you are great parents. The whole parenting thing is a learning process and you'll find with each child, the learning process will continue bc no two children are alike. Overall, the best advise I could give is to let your child know how much he/she is loved. Take time to show that love in little acts you do daily. (btw...I love you)
ReplyDelete