We moved to North Carolina this weekend!! Like our New Orleans themed U-Haul?!? :) We only had to get a small U-Haul because we only packed mine and Blakes "must haves" for the next 5-6 months. The rest of our furniture and things will be moved by the Army when Ryan leaves Louisiana in January. Ryan was able to take off work to help us move up and get settled. He will fly back to Louisiana on Tuesday. Sigh...I don't want to think about that.
Our trip went pretty well... I guess as well as it could go with two adults, an alomst 6 month old baby, and a dog. Haha! We had to be pretty creative with entertaining Blake - mostly singing and dancing lots. Ryan and I also got pretty great at our pit stop routine. Ryan was a master and getting Maggie out and tied up to use the bathroom and walk around, while I got Blake changed. We are a great team, if I do say so myself.
We broke the 17ish hour trip into 2 days. We drove into Georgia (10 hours) the first day. Then we spent the night in a pet friendly Days Inn. Maggie took the term "pet friendly" literally. She thought that she deserved a whole bed to herself. Can you blame her?!? :) Finally we drove those last 6-7 hours the second day.
It has felt so amazing being home. Ryan and I got Blake and myself settled in my parents house. Maggie is getting aquanted with the other doggies and she already LOVES the huge yards to run around. She even surprised us by taking a swim in the pond. We are all a happy bunch.

Welcome home! We'll take good care of you and Blake until Ryan gets here fulltime. It'll be a transition for your little family but hopefully, everything will go smoothly. Love the Larsens:)
ReplyDelete