Image Map

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

18 Weeks

We are at 18 weeks...almost half way there! Today we went to our 18 week appointment and got another good report. I have great blood pressure and am slowly (very slowly) putting on the baby weight. The baby is also slowly but surely getting bigger. I even had to get some blood drawn this time to test for genetic disorders. It's an optional and common screening test that mothers-to-be get done.

Enough with the medical stuff. The really exciting news is that Ryan and I have started to feel little baby movements!! Although there have not been solid punches and kicks (still a little too early for that) we have experienced the feeling of little butterfly flutters. It is so magical and brings nothing but smiles to my face.

Ryan and I were just talking the other day about how grateful we are to have had such a healthy pregnancy so far. We have both tried to make sure that it is the healthiest pregnancy that I can have and it seems to have paid off so far. I feel great and we have had zero complications with the baby. We can only hope and pray that the pregnancy will continue this way for the next 22 weeks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment